ASCD's Emerging Leaders


Each year, ASCD selects a group of educators as Emerging Leaders. I’m honored to have been chosen as a member of the class of 2012.
The Emerging Leaders…
  • Have been in the profession approximately 5–15 years;
  • Demonstrate a passion for teaching, learning, and leadership;
  • Have not previously been involved with ASCD in a leadership capacity;
  • Collectively exhibit a broad range of diversity in position, location, cultural background, and perspective;
  • Hold promise as leaders; and
  • Are committed to ASCD’s beliefs and to pursuing leadership opportunities.
For me, I get to connect with up-and-coming leaders in the field over the next two years, share best practices, learn, and grow. This starts with the Leader to Leader Conference they send me to in July. I may also be paired up with a with a coach or mentor to create and implement a learning and leadership action plan for my two year commitment.
I’d like to congratulate my fellow “classmates” as well.  There are 26 of us from as far away as Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment